Ellen

Default Convert urls to links

I have a Word document with a lot of urls that I'd like to convert to links.
I can convert to links one by one with Insert/Hyperlink. Is there a way to
convert them en mass or must they be converted one at a time?

Thank you in advance,
Ellen

Go to Format | AutoFormat, click on Options..., and clear all the check
boxes except for "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks." Click OK,
make sure "AutoFormat now" is selected, and click OK again. You may have an
AutoFormat button on your Formatting toolbar. If so, it will perform this
function once you've got the options set as described (you can also use it
to convert quotes and make any other desired changes by checking the
relevant boxes).

"Ellen" wrote in message
I have a Word document with a lot of urls that I'd like to convert to

links.
I can convert to links one by one with Insert/Hyperlink. Is there a way

convert them en mass or must they be converted one at a time?

Thank you in advance,
Ellen

CyberTaz

Hi Ellen-

Go to EditReplace and make sure no settings are in effect. Then enter
http://www.*.??? in the Find field & put a check in the box for "Use
Wildcards". (BTW- The letter 'H/h' is case sensitive regardless of the Match
Case setting.)

Next, click in the Replace field, but _do not_ type anything in. Click the
More button if necessary, then click Format. Choose Style from the menu &
select the Hyperlink style. After you click OK, use either the Find
Next/Replace or Replace All buttons as appropriate.

HTH |:)

"Ellen" wrote:

I have a Word document with a lot of urls that I'd like to convert to links.
I can convert to links one by one with Insert/Hyperlink. Is there a way to
convert them en mass or must they be converted one at a time?

Thank you in advance,
Ellen

CyberTaz

Hi Suzanne-

My appologies - you are absolutely correct. I knew they weren't clickable,
but I was under the impression that the Ctrl-Click technique would work.
Evidently it does not. Thanks for the clarification.

Best Regrds |:)

"Ellen" wrote:

I have a Word document with a lot of urls that I'd like to convert to

links.
I can convert to links one by one with Insert/Hyperlink. Is there a way

convert them en mass or must they be converted one at a time?

Thank you in advance,
Ellen

The Hyperlink character style is by default applied to functioning
hyperlinks (but can be removed), but applying the style doesn't convert text
to a HYPERLINK field.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Does applying the Hyperlink style convert the text to clickable

hyperlink? I
think not.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.