Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yaakov Feldman Yaakov Feldman is offline

Default Is there any way to have the text read back to me outloud?

An old Apple program (Nexus) used to read out the text in a voice (AOL e-mail
did that, too). Any way to do that with Word?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Depends on what version of Word and what version of Windows you have.

Yaakov Feldman wrote:

An old Apple program (Nexus) used to read out the text in a voice (AOL e-mail
did that, too). Any way to do that with Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yaakov Feldman[_2_] Yaakov Feldman[_2_] is offline

Microsoft Office Word 2003

Yaakov Feldman wrote:

An old Apple program (Nexus) used to read out the text in a voice (AOL e-mail
did that, too). Any way to do that with Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

That's half of the information the GnO asked for.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"Yaakov Feldman" wrote in message
Microsoft Office Word 2003

Yaakov Feldman wrote:

An old Apple program (Nexus) used to read out the text in a voice (AOL
e-mail
did that, too). Any way to do that with Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

....and what version of Windows are you using. Both pieces of information are
needed to answer the question.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

Yaakov Feldman wrote:

An old Apple program (Nexus) used to read out the text in a voice (AOL
e-mail
did that, too). Any way to do that with Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/word_text_to_speech.htm

Yaakov Feldman wrote:
Microsoft Office Word 2003

Yaakov Feldman wrote:

An old Apple program (Nexus) used to read out the text in a voice
(AOL e-mail did that, too). Any way to do that with Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yaakov Feldman[_2_] Yaakov Feldman[_2_] is offline

OK, let's step back and ask this more basic question: How do I find out what
version of Windows I'm using? (Forgive this old Mac guy...)