Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
v2win v2win is offline

Default Reformatting

Is there a way to take an existing Word document and reapply formatting
throughout the entire document against an alternate or style sheet? I am
using WinXPSP3 and Office 2003 SP3.

We would like to take existing documents and globally apply changes, ideally
in a batch process. If not possible in a batch process, at least we would
like to apply global formatting changes against a new template instead of
secion by section.

If any tools exist within Word 2003 or 2007 to do this please point the way...

Thanks,
V2
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You can update styles by attaching a different template (Tools | Templates
and Add-ins) with "Automatically update document styles" enabled. If you
want to change the layout of the document (margins, header/footer, etc.),
you'll need to create a new document based on the revised template and
insert the existing file. Note, however, that any section breaks in the
inserted file will bring their formatting with them, so you still pretty
much need to work section by section. Sorry.

news