Dolfan14

Default no contacts appear to insert address

I am using MS Word 2002 and MS Outlook 2003. I am trying to address an
envelope in MS Word and I am unable to insert an address because I cannot
select an address from my contacts list because Word "locks up" and then
indicates a Microsoft problem message...

The existing process I am using to perform the task is as follows:

Tools / Letters and Mailings / Envelopes and Labels / Insert Address /
Select Name.

In the Outlook address Book there are no entries to select a name, therefore
I click on the drop down menu to select Contacts.

Then I receive a Microsoft Error message "Microsoft Word has encountered a
problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

When I was using MS Word 2000 and MS Outlook 2000, I was able to perform
this task. Is this problem occurring because I am using MS Word 2002 and MS
Outlook 2003. I know that MS Outlook 2003 is incompatible with MS Word 2002
as the same versions are required in order to ie. merge...

FYI...the Microsoft Word Error signature is as follows:

AppName: winword.exe AppVer: 10.0.6612.0 ModName: msvcrt.dll
ModVer: 7.0.2600.2180 Offset: 000380b8

Any feedback is always appreciated...thanks...

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?RG9sZmFuMTQ=?=,

I am using MS Word 2002 and MS Outlook 2003. I am trying to address an
envelope in MS Word and I am unable to insert an address because I cannot
select an address from my contacts list because Word "locks up" and then
indicates a Microsoft problem message...

As you surmise, I believe the problem is due to the different versions of
Word and Outlook. You might want to check with an Outlook newsgroup (they
have a much better grasp of how the Address Book integrates into Windows and
Word); someone there may know of a way around it.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org