Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tjsmags tjsmags is offline

Default Footer not showing

When I click on Print Preview it doesn't show the footer (it works just fine
in other documents). When I VIEW headers and footers it shows the footer I
set up. How come I don't see it in print preview PLUS it doesn't print out?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tjsmags tjsmags is offline

I guess I'm having a hard time with that explanation because I have always
used these same measurements since the beginning of time and have never had a
problem (all margins are .5" and header/footer is .3"). When I view the
document in normal view (not print preview) I see the foot fine.

Like I said before, this has always worked fine until now. I must have
accidentally changed a setting.

"tjsmags" wrote in message
When I click on Print Preview it doesn't show the footer (it works just

fine
in other documents). When I VIEW headers and footers it shows the footer

set up. How come I don't see it in print preview PLUS it doesn't print

out?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Has anything else changed? New printer driver or OS, perhaps?

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...sDontPrint.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"tjsmags" wrote in message
When I click on Print Preview it doesn't show the footer (it works

just
fine
in other documents). When I VIEW headers and footers it shows the

footer
set up. How come I don't see it in print preview PLUS it doesn't

print
out?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tjsmags tjsmags is offline

Nothing else has changed. I created a new doc and it worked fine, like
before. I just created another doc that shows a bunch of different fonts and
had the problem happen, so it seems like it's something with a lot of fonts
as the original doc that I asked about had a few different fonts in
it...though I never had problems in the past.

When I view these two docs that have the issues the footers show at the
bottom, as I said before, yet they don't show or print in print preview.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Has anything else changed? New printer driver or OS, perhaps?

news

"tjsmags" wrote in message
When I click on Print Preview it doesn't show the footer (it works

just
fine
in other documents). When I VIEW headers and footers it shows the

footer
set up. How come I don't see it in print preview PLUS it doesn't

print
out?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I've never had a problem where the printer just threw up its hands and
refused to print something because the document contained too many different
fonts, but I have had occasions when it started printing everything as Times
New Roman. This was when I was trying to print a font sampler such as that
created using the macro from
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eGenerator.htm. In that case,
I found that I had to explicitly set the printer to use downloaded soft
fonts (not the printer-resident ones), and I had to print just a few pages
at a time.

That's probably irrelevant to your problem, however. Regardless of what the
problem might be with missing or excessive fonts, the worst Word should do
would be to substitute an available font. I can't imagine why it would
refuse to print the footer entirely unless it's in the unprintable area. If
this is a laser printer, then a 0.3" footer margin should be adequate; for
an inkjet printer that would almost certainly be too small.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Has anything else changed? New printer driver or OS, perhaps?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

news

"tjsmags" wrote in message
When I click on Print Preview it doesn't show the footer (it works

just
fine
in other documents). When I VIEW headers and footers it shows the

footer
set up. How come I don't see it in print preview PLUS it doesn't

print
out?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tjsmags tjsmags is offline

You know what I did notice between the two documents that are having this
problem is that the first one I used BULLETS, so the STYLE icon area at the
top changes as I cursor down my document and it changes names within it (i.e.
Normal + Zombie, 24 pt; Normal; Bulleted, etc). The second document does the
same thing because it contains a bunch of same text lines, but each line I
changed the font style, so the STYLE area changes on each line. Could this
have something to do with it?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Has anything else changed? New printer driver or OS, perhaps?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

news I guess I'm having a hard time with that explanation because I have

"tjsmags" wrote in message
When I click on Print Preview it doesn't show the footer (it works
just
fine
in other documents). When I VIEW headers and footers it shows the
footer
set up. How come I don't see it in print preview PLUS it doesn't
print
out?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What you're seeing is not really styles but just formatting; see
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/sfpa...ttingPane.html. I'm not
sure how that could really be relevant.