Bennie

Default Word does not apply my style to ALL selected text - what now?

I created a Word document by cutting/pasting text from various sources - all
with different fonts. I then created a new style 'MyStyle', selected all the
text in my document, and selected the 'MyStyle' style form the dropdown list
of styles.

Word changes SOME of my text to my new style, but refuses :-( to change all
of it. It basically leaves some of the text untouched.

Why is that, and more to the point - what can I do to change ALL selected
text to be the style I want?

Thanks
--
I appreciate any help - thanks!
Bennie
Graham Mayor

Any text that has manual formatting applied will retain its manual
formatting. While you still have it selected press CTRL+Space to remove the
manual formatting and show the underlying style.

Bennie wrote:
I created a Word document by cutting/pasting text from various
sources - all with different fonts. I then created a new style
'MyStyle', selected all the text in my document, and selected the
'MyStyle' style form the dropdown list of styles.

Word changes SOME of my text to my new style, but refuses :-( to
change all of it. It basically leaves some of the text untouched.

Why is that, and more to the point - what can I do to change ALL
selected text to be the style I want?

Thanks

Joe McGuire

Depending on the verison of Word you should also be able to select the text
at issue and in the Styles window select Clear formatting. This will get
rid of all the non-style formatting that might have been used previously on
the text--when you paste stuff yoku get that stuff with your text. To
avoid this problem use Paste Special, Unformatted Text so that what gets
pasted into your document has no formatting of its own, which means it takes
on the style in effect at the point of insertion.