Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CJS CJS is offline

Default Word Styles with Auto Outline Numbering and Formatting

I am trying to create some styles for a document - outline numbering 1.0,
2.0, with up to six sublevels such as 3.6.22.3.3.1

I create the first header, just level with .25 after the number
I create the second header so the number is lined up after the text of the
first header
I create the third header so the number is lined up after the text of the
second header

At this point is when word goes nuts - it moves the first and second headers
over - changing the paragraph indent as well as the tabbing afterward. I go
back and reset everything but it continues to change.

I have turned off everything under Auto Correct and Auto Format as you type
but still have no luck.

Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

And it is set up according to Shauna's instructions?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Make sure you are setting up outline numbering as detailed in
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"CJS" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Note that you have to set the indents in the Customize Outline
Numbered List dialog box, rather than in the Paragraph dialog box, as
explained at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Make sure you are setting up outline numbering as detailed in

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to

the
newsgroup so
all may benefit.