Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JasonC JasonC is offline

Default Format Table linked to Excel

I have created a macro in Excel which names a range depending on the amount
of rows used. I have then created a link in Word which is linked to the
named range, so the table in Word only shows the used rows.

The trouble is when I update the link, the formatting of the table is lost.
I want the table to show gridlines and keep row heights and column widths.
The column widths are a problem because when they update, they are different
across each row ie, they don't line up under each other.

Is there a way to fix this other than manually fixing the table after
updating the links?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Jason,

Which link format are you using?

--
Cheers
macropod

"JasonC" wrote in message ...
I have created a macro in Excel which names a range depending on the amount
of rows used. I have then created a link in Word which is linked to the
named range, so the table in Word only shows the used rows.

The trouble is when I update the link, the formatting of the table is lost.
I want the table to show gridlines and keep row heights and column widths.
The column widths are a problem because when they update, they are different
across each row ie, they don't line up under each other.

Is there a way to fix this other than manually fixing the table after
updating the links?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JasonC JasonC is offline

Hi Macropod

I am using copy from Excel then Paste Special, Paste Link, HTML Format.

Jason

"JasonC" wrote in message ...
I have created a macro in Excel which names a range depending on the amount
of rows used. I have then created a link in Word which is linked to the
named range, so the table in Word only shows the used rows.

The trouble is when I update the link, the formatting of the table is lost.
I want the table to show gridlines and keep row heights and column widths.
The column widths are a problem because when they update, they are different
across each row ie, they don't line up under each other.

Is there a way to fix this other than manually fixing the table after
updating the links?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Jason,

Try using the 'Excel worksheet object' format instead. That should faithfully preserve the worksheet's formatting. Alternatively,
you might try the picture format.

--
Cheers
macropod