Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nina Nina is offline

Default Style Pane is empty - Word 2007

Hello,
I am using Word 2007 on Office XP. I am editing a file created by another
user. When I display the Style Pane, it's empty. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I have had the same experience with a few documents that I received by
e-mail from one of my students. I don't know what is causing it, but it
might depend on the version of Word the document was created in (judging by
the compatibility options, the person used Word 2002 to create the file).

The following procedure seems to fix the issue, though: In the Styles pane,
click Options and choose something other than what is currently selected
under "Select styles to show." Click OK to close the dialog box. Then go
back into the Style Pane Options dialog and choose the option that you
actually want.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Nina" wrote in message
Hello,
I am using Word 2007 on Office XP. I am editing a file created by another
user. When I display the Style Pane, it's empty. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm glad I could help!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Nina" wrote in message
Hello,
I am using Word 2007 on Office XP. I am editing a file created by
another
user. When I display the Style Pane, it's empty. Any ideas?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm glad I could help!

--