Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Raindown Raindown is offline

Default Tracked changes appear after printing

As far as I can tell, I have all viewing options on what would show tracked
changes. However, after I print or print preview the document, tracked
changes appear. This is one comment in the document and I see that, but
these changes seem invisible until I request I print. When I close the
document after printing it asking if I want to save the changes, as if I made
the tracked changes myself.

What gives?

Extra Info:
The document is a 97-2003 document and I am using office 2007
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Do the previous/next change arrows take you anywhere, or do you get
the note "The document contains no tracked changes"?

Next to all the buttons dealing with tracking changes there's a
dropdown that probably says Final. Change it to Final Showing Markup.

If there are tracked changes, click the arrow below the big Track
Changes button (Review tab) and choose Accept All Changes. Likewise,
under the Comments button, choose Delete All Comments.

On Feb 14, 4:19*pm, Raindown
wrote:
As far as I can tell, I have all viewing options on what would show tracked
changes. *However, after I print or print preview the document, tracked
changes appear. *This is one comment in the document and I see that, but
these changes seem invisible until I request I print. *When I close the
document after printing it asking if I want to save the changes, as if I made
the tracked changes myself.

What gives?

Extra Info:
The document is a 97-2003 document and I am using office 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JERRY JERRY is offline

If this happens only after you print, it might be that the document was last
saved using a different default printer than the one you printed on.

When you print, the print driver re-paginates the document. This
re-pagination is seen as a "change" even though the only changes are in the
computer code used to determine where page breaks occur.

For example, my default printer is a B&W printer just outside my office. But
if I open a document and print it on the color printer across the room, when
I close, it asks if I want to save the changes. But all I "changed" was the
printer the document was printed on.

If this is what's happening, it doesn't really matter if you select "Yes" or
"No."

"Raindown" wrote:

As far as I can tell, I have all viewing options on what would show tracked
changes. However, after I print or print preview the document, tracked
changes appear. This is one comment in the document and I see that, but
these changes seem invisible until I request I print. When I close the
document after printing it asking if I want to save the changes, as if I made
the tracked changes myself.

What gives?

Extra Info:
The document is a 97-2003 document and I am using office 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you have "Update fields" checked in the Print Options and have fields in
the document that are updated at print time (even if "updating" doesn't
change anything), then Word will see this as a change even if you don't
change printers.

http://word.mvps.org

news