Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ann Ann is offline

Default text showing up when printed that isn't on the monitor?

I have text which I have either erased or overwritten that is showing up when
I print my document. It does not show up on the monitor. I've tried erasing
the line in question and re-typing the new info; but, the old text still
shows up when printed. First, it showed up superimposed on the new info. I
saw where the new info was not showing up on the document map. Corrected
that and now the unwanted text is on the next line.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Do you have Track Changes enabled? If so, are you viewing Final view or
Final Showing Markup? And are you in Normal or Print Layout view? If the
former, it could be that there is text in a text box behind the text, say.
Does the phantom text show up in Print Preview?

"Ann" wrote in message
I have text which I have either erased or overwritten that is showing up

when
I print my document. It does not show up on the monitor. I've tried

erasing
the line in question and re-typing the new info; but, the old text still
shows up when printed. First, it showed up superimposed on the new info.

saw where the new info was not showing up on the document map. Corrected
that and now the unwanted text is on the next line.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ann Ann is offline

Thank you. I had already clicked "normal view" and saw that the text was by
itself over on the right of the page (couldn't view it before). Erased it
and everything is okay now. Thanks for responding.