Bruce Rusk

Default Track changes -- "Author" as author

I'm having a problem with Track Changes in Wd 2003:

I sent a document to an editor, who sent it back to me with comments and
revisions. I can see these fine, but they are all marked as by "Author"
rather than by the editor's name. When I make my own changes to this revised
document, they show up as by me, and with my initials and name as author ...
until I save an reopen the document, when they revert to "Author" and become
indistinguishable from the editor's changes.

I was able to write a VBA macro that changes the author and initial of all
comments, but the author field for revisions is read-only.

Any ideas about what might be causing this and of how to fix it?

TIA,

Bruce Rusk

Bre

Bruce:
I'm an author trying to send manuscript too and everytime I try to send it
the changes that I made are showing up on the document in the email or
attachment, but when I look at the document on my desktop they aren't there.
I've turned off the "track changes" stuff, what am I missing? Can't even copy
it into a new document, it still shows changes. What am I doing, do you know?

Bre Sandoval

"Bruce Rusk" wrote:

I'm having a problem with Track Changes in Wd 2003:

I sent a document to an editor, who sent it back to me with comments and
revisions. I can see these fine, but they are all marked as by "Author"
rather than by the editor's name. When I make my own changes to this revised
document, they show up as by me, and with my initials and name as author ...
until I save an reopen the document, when they revert to "Author" and become
indistinguishable from the editor's changes.

I was able to write a VBA macro that changes the author and initial of all
comments, but the author field for revisions is read-only.

Any ideas about what might be causing this and of how to fix it?

TIA,

Bruce Rusk

Daiya Mitchell

And for more info, Bre, see here for the full details of how Track Changes
works. Sounds like that might be useful to you:

http://shaunakelly.com/word/trackcha...ngesWorks.html