Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ataquandry

Default How do I set a limit for the amount of words used in a file?

We are creating a publication with several articles. We want to limit the
amount of words used by the author in his article.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QXRhcXVhbmRyeQ==?=,

We are creating a publication with several articles. We want to limit the
amount of words used by the author in his article.

There's nothing built into Word that can do this. You could use a macro that
executes when saving or printing that checks the number of words then warns
the user, or something along those lines.

If you want to pursue this, ask in a word.vba newsgroup. Be sure to include
the version of Word, describe how you envision it could work, and mention the
number of words (so that someone can give you some sample code).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org