Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] pakerly@gmail.com is offline

Default Word 2003 auto remove all fractions

Is there a way for me to remove all fractions in a document that word
has converted from 1/2 to a fraction.

Is there a way to select all and change all of the fractions to actual
1/2 or 3/4 or 1/4 instead of the one character fraction that word
converts them to?

I know I can turn off the auto format that causes this, but these are
docs that I am getting, no control over the peoples settings.

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Simplest would just be to do three Find-Replaces. (Select one of them,
press Ctrl-H; it should appear in the Find What? box. If it doesn't,
Copy the fraction to the clipboard and Paste it into that box. Then in
the Replace With box, type the three characters you want to change it
to. Click Replace All. Repeat with the other two.)