juras

Default Russian Word XP doesn't check English spelling

Hi,

I have Russian version of MS Office XP professional (v 10.2627.2625). The
problem is it doesn't check US English spelling.

All the components are installed; all appropriate options are enabled. The
program checks the spelling, if the language is Russian or English (UK), but
as soon as I select English (US), the red lines under misspelled words
dissapear.

Is US English dictionary included into Russian Office XP pro?
garfield-n-odie

The Russian language version of Office XP includes proofing tools for
Russian, Ukrainian, and English. I'm not sure whether the English
proofing tools are installed automatically, so you may need to add them
to your installation. If the English proofing tools are installed, then
open a document where this problem occurs, press Ctrl+A to select all of
the text, click on Tools | Language | Set Language | uncheck the "Do not
check spelling or grammar" box | OK, and press F7 to rerun spellcheck.

juras wrote:

Hi,

I have Russian version of MS Office XP professional (v 10.2627.2625). The
problem is it doesn't check US English spelling.

All the components are installed; all appropriate options are enabled. The
program checks the spelling, if the language is Russian or English (UK), but
as soon as I select English (US), the red lines under misspelled words
dissapear.

Is US English dictionary included into Russian Office XP pro?

juras

I've done it before, but it was the same.

Fortunately, the problem is fixed. The English tools wer not included in the
default installation. Once they were installed, they didn't work, but
rebooting the machine fixed the problem.

Thanks for your fast answer.