Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Brainfire

Default Text Copied From Web Page?

I've got a Word document which unfortunately is 57 pages long, and
looks like it has been copied from one of my company web pages. All the
text is aligned on the left hand third of the pages, and I'm trying to
find some way to sort out the formatting so that the paragraphs use the
full width of the page.

I've tried highlighting the paragraphs and pressing the justify button,
but this does nothing at all. Does anyone know a way to sort this out?
I don't mind highlighting the paragraphs, but going to the end of each
indvidual line and pressing the delete key to make the text below move
up is a bit much!!

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/CleanWebText.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Brainfire" wrote in message
ups.com...
I've got a Word document which unfortunately is 57 pages long, and
looks like it has been copied from one of my company web pages. All

the
text is aligned on the left hand third of the pages, and I'm trying

find some way to sort out the formatting so that the paragraphs use

the
full width of the page.

I've tried highlighting the paragraphs and pressing the justify

button,
but this does nothing at all. Does anyone know a way to sort this

out?
I don't mind highlighting the paragraphs, but going to the end of

each
indvidual line and pressing the delete key to make the text below

move
up is a bit much!!

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Brainfire

Quick reply, and just the thing I needed - Thanks.

Ahh, just before I go... is there any way to use a wildcard in find and
replace?
I have various instances of SAL-SPD-V27-xxxxx in the document, where
xxxxx are varying numbers - can I remove all of these using find and
replace? I tried the usual asterix wildcard after the V27 but it never
worked.

Thanks

Stefan Blom wrote:
See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/CleanWebText.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Brainfire" wrote in message
ups.com...
I've got a Word document which unfortunately is 57 pages long, and
looks like it has been copied from one of my company web pages. All

the
text is aligned on the left hand third of the pages, and I'm trying

find some way to sort out the formatting so that the paragraphs use

the
full width of the page.

I've tried highlighting the paragraphs and pressing the justify

button,
but this does nothing at all. Does anyone know a way to sort this

out?
I don't mind highlighting the paragraphs, but going to the end of

each
indvidual line and pressing the delete key to make the text below

move
up is a bit much!!

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm

Stefan Blom wrote:
See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/CleanWebText.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Brainfire" wrote in message
ups.com...
I've got a Word document which unfortunately is 57 pages long, and
looks like it has been copied from one of my company web pages. All
the text is aligned on the left hand third of the pages, and I'm
trying to find some way to sort out the formatting so that the
paragraphs use the full width of the page.

I've tried highlighting the paragraphs and pressing the justify
button, but this does nothing at all. Does anyone know a way to
sort this out? I don't mind highlighting the paragraphs, but going
to the end of each indvidual line and pressing the delete key to
make the text below move up is a bit much!!

Thanks

Want to start page 1 numbering after five pages - how? RM Page Layout 6 April 5th 06 05:07 AM
What field for Page No THIS section in Text Box? Ed Microsoft Word Help 4 March 23rd 06 03:07 PM
adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 04:51 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM