Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KyleW KyleW is offline

Default Trouble with auto text page numbering

Hello all,

I am having a spot of trouble with getting the auto text page numbering to
work properly. When inserting the "Page X of Y" feature it does not show the
"X of Y" portion. Any suggestions on how I can restore this? TIA.

--
Regards,

Kyle W
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The autotext inquestion should enter

Page { PAGE } of { NUMPAGES }

which when toggled produces (say) Page 1 of 1

If yours produces something else, recreate it.

or to return to defaults, rename normal.dot to normal.old

KyleW wrote:
Hello all,

I am having a spot of trouble with getting the auto text page
numbering to work properly. When inserting the "Page X of Y" feature
it does not show the "X of Y" portion. Any suggestions on how I can
restore this? TIA.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KyleW KyleW is offline

How do you recreate? Can you elaborate on this? Thank you for your
assistance!
--
Regards,

Kyle W