Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rose Jenkins Rose Jenkins is offline

Default Visual Basic error 438

Suddenly when I try to print from Word I get a Visual Basid error 438. I am
able to print from all other programs, including Excel and Outlook; the
problem is limited to Word. I have tried recreating normal.dot to no avail.
Any other ideas out there?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You have either a macro in normal.dot (which should have been eliminated if
you renamed or deleted normal.dot), in a document template or add-in that is
not working correctly. The problem should go away if you start Word in its
safe mode (hold the CTRL key whilst starting and acknowledge the prompt). If
it does - investigate what add-ins and templates are in play - see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm