Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cheryl Flanders Cheryl Flanders is offline

Default Can I find all instances of a word and delete them at once?

You are right, it does leave a space! However, you can type the word
"the" and hit the spacebar, then replace with nothing and it will not
leave a space. Adding the space after "the" dims the option to select
whole words only, but you no longer need that.

You truly do learn something new every day. Thanks!

Cheryl

On Feb 2, 5:24*pm, Suzanne wrote:
This poster understood you both just fine. *I had thought of doing that but
wondered if it would leave a space instead of the word.

Suzanne

"Cheryl Flanders" wrote:
LOL! *Yes, sometimes it's impossible to know just how much the poster
understands without sounding preachy, insulting, or writing a book in
reply. *

Cheryl

On Feb 2, 8:55 am, "PamC via OfficeKB.com" u43222@uwe wrote:
Thanks, Cheryl. *I started writing more but deleted it because I was getting
too preachy. *Your *advice isn't.

Cheryl Flanders wrote:
Also make sure you are checking "Whole words only." *If you do not get
your desired results, press Ctrl + Z to undo the Find & Replace. *It's
always wise to create a backup copy before you do something like
this.

Cheryl

I am using Office 2007. *I would like to locate all instances of a certain
word in a document and then delete them all at once. *Can this be done
without manually highlighting each instance of the word?

For instance, all instances of the word "the" and then delete them at once.