Jeremy59 Jeremy59 is offline
Junior Member

Default 3-section-page layout

I need to work on a page layout with three sections on each page:

1) the top section will contain the first narrative;
2) the middle section will contain comment/reflections/notes; and
3) the bottom section will contain extracts from various documents.

My question is, how do I format the pages in Word to accomplish this, so that every time I move onto a new page, it is pre-formatted in these three sections? In other words, if I am working on the middle (comment) section on p1 and it fills up and the cursor moves onto p2, I want the cursor to carry on in the middle (comment) section on p2, NOT in the first narrative section.

How do I do this? I would greatly value any assistance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Other than using linked text boxes, I don't see a way to accomplish what
you want. For long documents this won't work, because there is a limit
to the number of linked text boxes in a document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That's what publishing software like InDesign (and FrameMaker, if it's
still supported) is designed to accomplish.

Do I dare suggest looking into MS Publisher (which used to be part of
Office)? Did it have a rudimentary capacity along those lines?