Ray Maruschak Ray Maruschak is offline
Junior Member

Default Outline with just 1st line of paragraphs

I want to send a complicated agreement to a client.

It has headings and sub headings, sub-sub headings

But I don't want him to have all of the agreement. He'll just try to do it himself.

I want to show only the first line of each paragraph, or the first 60 characters of each line.

Maybe use the rand() or locum() to replace the rest of the characters? Or maybe that is too fancy, just delete the rest or hide it.

I plan to print to PDF, then send it to him.

I'd be grateful for your kind help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Formatting the text as hidden would certainly do the trick, because
hidden text will be omitted from the PDF. But I'm guessing you want to
automate the procedure? In that case, the following very basic macro
should do the trick:

Sub HideRestOfParagraph()
Dim p As Paragraph
Dim j As Long
For Each p In ActiveDocument.Paragraphs
If p.Range.Characters.Count 60 Then
For j = 61 To p.Range.Characters.Count
p.Range.Characters(j).Font.Hidden = True
Next j
End If
Next p
End Sub

The macro checks each paragraph for the number of characters and it
hides the 61th and subsequent characters if found. (Note that the macro
may hide *parts* of words.)

For assistance, see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

1st Line in new docs Tim Page Layout 1 February 1st 10 11:43 PM
1st line in ΒΆ short of right margin bretsharon Microsoft Word Help 1 July 11th 09 05:42 AM
how do I switch off a red dashed outline from paragraphs? Nick K Microsoft Word Help 2 January 4th 08 09:38 AM
The 1st line of the 1st paragraph on each page is indented. Why? Chris Page Layout 1 May 11th 05 06:08 PM
Need indent in ALL 1st line Paragraphs LONG DOCUMENT Shtara42 Page Layout 1 February 19th 05 03:37 PM