Peter Marshall at OCC

Default Version Author

In MS Word 2002, when I save a version of a document on my PC, the "Saved
By" field is populated with my name, but on another PC, the "Saved By" is
left blank. Where does Word get the value for that field? Is it a registry
key, an environment variable, a Word configuration item, etc.? Thanks.

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Peter,

Check the settings in Word for Tools=Options=User Info
on both computers.

--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx