termiflyer

Default Is there a way when you are in a bulleted list ...

Is there a way when you are in a bulleted list to get Word to change
the style when you hit the tab key at the start of a line?

For instance, now, when I hit the tab when I'm at a new bullet, the
indents get changed, but the bullet stays the same. I have my own
customized bullet styles:

- List Bullet
+ List Bullet 2
* List Bullet 3
..
..
..

When I'm sitting at
-
and I hit TAB, I get this
-
and the style is still "List Bullet". What I want is this:
+
and the style is "List Bullet 2".

Any way I can egt this behavior? Thanks!!

Have you tried using Ctrl+Tab?

"termiflyer" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there a way when you are in a bulleted list to get Word to change
the style when you hit the tab key at the start of a line?

For instance, now, when I hit the tab when I'm at a new bullet, the
indents get changed, but the bullet stays the same. I have my own
customized bullet styles:

- List Bullet
+ List Bullet 2
* List Bullet 3
.
.
.

When I'm sitting at
-
and I hit TAB, I get this
-
and the style is still "List Bullet". What I want is this:
+
and the style is "List Bullet 2".

Any way I can egt this behavior? Thanks!!

termiflyer

Ctrl+Tab just inserts a tab, style remains "List Bullet".

Does Tab work to demote when you are not in a table? If not, are the
bulleted styles part of an outline-numbered list? See
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html and
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html