Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Vashon Juan Vashon Juan is offline

Default How to change default bullet list indenting?

I've Word 2007 and can't figure out how to change normal.dot (or whatever) to
ALWAYS make my bulletted lists flush left (without that indent 0.25" or 40px
or whatever it is), so they don't move right nearly so fast as I go into
successive levels of sublists.

Styles Inspector says alter List Paragraph but that doesn't seem to work.
Exposing everything seems to indicate a hidden "Bullets and Numbering" style,
but I can't right-click it to alter it and I don't see it in the long list of
all styles.

Another attempt at this resulting in my "myUnindentedListStyle" style but if
I try to go into Recommended Styles dialog it is enabled, but when I select
it is says "last" as the view order and none of the buttons to modify it are
enabled.

ventGrrrr! Help is useless and this is the 3rd or 4th time I've spent 30+
minutes on this. /vent

Thanks to anyone with a clue on how to approach what I woudl have thought
was a simple task. Besides, what kind of people really prefer indented
lists?! ;-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

By default in Word 2007, when you use the bullet tool, the List Paragraph
style is used. What Suzanne was suggesting, in effect, is that you use the
List Bullet style, instead. The List Bullet style -- in both Word 2003 and
2007 -- is flush left by default, and should not require jumping through
hoops.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible