Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Karen Hart

Default Date Field in Merge Document

How do I create a form file that upon merging inserts the current date of
the merge, then does not update after that point? In other words, after the
merge is complete, the resulting document's date field should be
automatically unlinked. I do not want to teach the user to unlink the field
with Ctrl-Shift-F9, because there are several of these date codes throughout
the form file, inlcuding headers and footers, and also I don't want to risk
that the user forgets to unlink the date field.

Thank you in advance.
Karen