www.PoetPatriot.com

Default How do you change the ruler to inches? HELP !

How do you change the ruler to inches?
" Tools - options - General - Measurement Units : Inches "
does not change the ruler to inches ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Graham Mayor

Given that you haven't told us what type of units you are seeing on your
ruler, you probably need to see http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm

www.PoetPatriot.com wrote:
How do you change the ruler to inches?
" Tools - options - General - Measurement Units : Inches "
does not change the ruler to inches ! ! ! ! ! ! !

dpmcdoug

I've struggled with this one as well. I read thourhg the posts and it seems
all had the same problem. The solution worked beautifully! Why in the world
would Microsoft hardcode something like that and then not provide any
information on how to make it go away?!?! The online help was no help at
all. I already knew how to change default ruler measurements, what I didn't
know was how to change hardcoded information, if I had even known that was
what I needed to look for! Our entire office has recently upgraded to Office
2003 and I'm sure I'm not the only one that has become frustrated over this
one! I'm going to share your solution with all of them. Many thanks!!!!!!!

www.PoetPatriot.com wrote:
How do you change the ruler to inches?
" Tools - options - General - Measurement Units : Inches "
does not change the ruler to inches ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
2bn4med

I didn't post this question nor answer, but this fix is awesome! I want to
thank you Graham Mayor for sending me to this info, it was "right on" for my
case!