Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Taxed Mind Taxed Mind is offline

Default Insert picture automatically as "behind" not "in line with text".

I am pasting a lot of images into Word 2003. However every picture is
automatically inserted as "in line with text" when I want "behind text". I
know how to change it later, what I want is to know how to set Word to paste
it like this automatically. I tried "Set autoshape defaults", but that
didn't work. Any suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CS Hayes CS Hayes is offline

Try this:
tools
options
"edit" tab
in the middle is a drop down box titled "insert paste pictue as"
change to what you desire.

Hope that helps
--
Chris Hayes
Still a beginner

"Taxed Mind" wrote:

I am pasting a lot of images into Word 2003. However every picture is
automatically inserted as "in line with text" when I want "behind text". I
know how to change it later, what I want is to know how to set Word to paste
it like this automatically. I tried "Set autoshape defaults", but that
didn't work. Any suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Taxed Mind Taxed Mind is offline

Default Insert picture automatically as "behind" not "in line with tex

You may be "still a beginner", but you sure know your stuff, thanks.

A Taxed Mind

"Taxed Mind" wrote:

I am pasting a lot of images into Word 2003. However every picture is
automatically inserted as "in line with text" when I want "behind text". I
know how to change it later, what I want is to know how to set Word to paste
it like this automatically. I tried "Set autoshape defaults", but that
didn't work. Any suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

The ability to decide how you want the paste options to be is available in
Word 2007, but not available in earlier versions. Sorry.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.
"Taxed Mind" wrote in message
I am pasting a lot of images into Word 2003. However every picture is
automatically inserted as "in line with text" when I want "behind text". I
know how to change it later, what I want is to know how to set Word to paste
it like this automatically. I tried "Set autoshape defaults", but that
didn't work. Any suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CS Hayes CS Hayes is offline

thanks, as for the "still a beginner" when I started posting on these forums
I was posting in the programming forums and THERE I am very much a beginner.
--
Chris Hayes
Still a beginner

"Taxed Mind" wrote:

I am pasting a lot of images into Word 2003. However every picture is
automatically inserted as "in line with text" when I want "behind text". I
know how to change it later, what I want is to know how to set Word to paste
it like this automatically. I tried "Set autoshape defaults", but that
didn't work. Any suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Go to ToolsOptionsEdit & select from the list of Insert/Paste Pictures As.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/28/07 3:34 PM, in article
, "CS Hayes"
hayes.csremove
wrote:

Try this:
tools
options
"edit" tab
in the middle is a drop down box titled "insert paste pictue as"
change to what you desire.

Hope that helps

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Unfortunately (for me) the choice (which in my case is the default In Line
With Text) does not apply to Edit | Paste Special, which it seems always
pastes Square or In Front of Text or something when what I want is inline.

"Dawn Crosier, Word MVP" wrote in message
I stand corrected! Thanks.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP
"Education Lasts a Lifetime"

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
But the ability to choose the default wrapping for inserted/pasted

pictures
is present in Word 2002 and 2003 (Tools | Options | Edit).

so
all may benefit.