Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jornie Jornie is offline

Default Numbering Bug When Reopening Documents

I have a problem with Word '07 Automatic Numbering lists which reverts to
continuous when I reopen the document.

Even if I use the R-click context menu to force Restart at 1 (or set
numbering value) the correct number (1) flashes for a while but then quickly
changes back to continuous.

For example:

Heading 1 (Style 2)
1. blah blah
2. blah blah
Heading 2 (Style 2)
1. blah blah
2. blah blah

becomes (when reopened):

Heading 1
1. blah blah
2. blah blah
Heading 2
3. blah blah
4. blah blah

What can I do to fix this and prevent it from happening again?

Thanks
--
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jornie Jornie is offline

I forgot to mention that the numbering problem starts approximately half way
through the document. The first half restarts numbering correctly.

Also, where I said Style 2 in the example, I meant to say Level 2.
--
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote 2007.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you defined your headings and numbered items as part of a single
outline list and set Level 3 to restart after Level 2? See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html