Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
couleecroche couleecroche is offline

Default Send Email Process Causes Word 2007 to Crash

My copy of Word 2007 recently crashed. Now, whenever I attempt to send an
open Word document by email via Outlook, Word freezes up, and Outlook does
not launch. When I attempt to close Word, I get an error message saying that
I must wait for Outlook to open--which does not happen until I use the task
manager to force Word to close. (Outlook then opens.) Outlook launches
automatically when I attempt to send a link by email from my web browser.
How do I fix Word to get it to launch Outlook automatically to send a file as
an email attachment? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

"couleecroche" wrote in message
My copy of Word 2007 recently crashed. Now, whenever I attempt to send an
open Word document by email via Outlook, Word freezes up, and Outlook does
not launch. When I attempt to close Word, I get an error message saying
that
I must wait for Outlook to open--which does not happen until I use the
task
manager to force Word to close. (Outlook then opens.) Outlook launches
automatically when I attempt to send a link by email from my web browser.
How do I fix Word to get it to launch Outlook automatically to send a file
as
an email attachment? Thanks.

Have you tried repairing your Office installation? In your Control Panel go
to Add/Remove Programs and use the Repair option for the Microsoft Office
2007 installation.
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton

Guides for the Office 2007 Interface:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...295841033.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
couleecroche couleecroche is offline

Thanks for the help, Beth, but, unfortunately, I tried your suggestion and it
didn't work. Any other suggestions?

"Beth Melton" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
couleecroche couleecroche is offline

I think I have isolated the problem. If I go to Start Menu, select Default
Programs, then select Set Program Access and Computer Defaults, go to Custom,
and select Microsoft Office Outlook, Word launches Outlook and sends the
program normally. However, the setting is lost when I reboot. It goes back
to "Use My Current-Email program" and there is evidently a conflict with
Windows Mail. How to I fix this? Thanks.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

If you view your Internet Options on the Programs tab, do you have Outlook
set as your default email client?

news

"Beth Melton" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
couleecroche couleecroche is offline

Yes. And I have clicked off enable access to MS Mail. When I do this
manually after booting up, everything works fine, but it does NOT retain the
setting after I reboot.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
couleecroche couleecroche is offline

How do I force Outlook to save the changes I've made in selecting it as my
default email program?

"Beth Melton" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

If your settings are being saved after rebooting then that's either a
Windows or IE issue. Unfortunately I don't know about this issue. If it were
happening to me I'd have to ask someone. :-) I hate to send you to another
newsgroup but it sounds like a Windows or IE newsgroup is the place to get
your question for this answered. Here's a link the main newsgroup page which
contains links to other newsgroups:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.mspx

I'm sorry I couldn't help you more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Beth Melton" wrote:

If you view your Internet Options on the Programs tab, do you have
Outlook
set as your default email client?

"couleecroche" wrote in
message
news I think I have isolated the problem. If I go to Start Menu, select
Programs, then select Set Program Access and Computer Defaults, go to
Custom,
and select Microsoft Office Outlook, Word launches Outlook and sends
the
program normally. However, the setting is lost when I reboot. It
goes
back
to "Use My Current-Email program" and there is evidently a conflict
with
Windows Mail. How to I fix this? Thanks.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

"couleecroche" wrote in
message