Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
frustrated worker frustrated worker is offline

Default Table formatting problems in Word 2007

I have a large table (which it would be too much work to transfer to excel
because of formatting within cells) that is not formatting as I ask it to.
History: The table (and I have multiple files like this) is set to A4 paper
in landscape direction and runs from anywhere between 3 pages to 20 pages in
length. The margins to hold all the columns (with font size at a minimum) are
down to .25". The first page only of the doc has a large header taking up
about 2" of space, with subsequent pages having a header of a single 12 font
size line.

In previous Word versions i could set the first row as the header row and
have it reappear on subsequent pages. This is not working in Word 2007, even
when I highlight the row in question and turn on the function in the table
format/row options.
To get around this, I tried to highlight the row in question and pasting it
into the header of subsequent pages. What happened is the row at the top of
the pages 2-N gets overlapped with the header. When I manipulate the gutter
and or margins, i end up with a loss of half of the first page to the
header, i.e. the gutter doesn't seem to be able to be manipulated for page 1
and different configuration for pages 2-N.
I have also tried cutting and pasting the the table into a new document, in
case any formating created in older Word versions was the problem. The
problem is still there.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

The Header Row for tables still work in Word 2007. This wasn't changed.
Check the Table Properties and make sure the Text Wrapping is set to "None".
If it's set to "Around" then the heading row won't repeat.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton

[...]