Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SHAMY SHAMY is offline

Default what is the difference between template and document?

I want to know the answer of my question.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See:

What is the relationship between a Microsoft Word document and its
template?
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/temp...ons/index.html

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"SHAMY" wrote in message
I want to know the answer of my question.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PamS PamS is offline

A Word document is based on a template which supplies things such as toolbars
and menus; default styles, macros, and autotext, default font and font size,
default paragraph settings such as alignment; default page settings such as
paper size and margins, and the default section to each document.

"SHAMY" wrote in message
I want to know the answer of my question.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Actually, these days there isn't a lot of difference between a document and
a template.

A document can store everything a template does with the exception of
AutoText (or Building Blocks in Word 2007). Other than that the behavior is
the same. If you take a look at the New Dialog box, or New task pane
(depending on the version you are using) you'll see an option for Create
from Existing. If you use this option and select a document, then a new
document based on the document you selected will be created. There are some
Word elements that will not function the same if used in a document as
opposed to a template, such as a Fill-in field, but other than some minor
differences they're fairly similar.

(Now, I suspect this isn't what the SHAMY was looking for - I'd say they
were looking for your answer but I thought I throw this out for the sake of
it. ;-) )

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out: