Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
tamee tamee is offline

Default mailmerge date conversion

I have a mailmerge document with excel source data. I have date fields in
excel, but when I merge it reverts to the original serial number. How do I
convert it back to display the desired date format. Please Help. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Options and then go to the General tab and check the box against the
"Confirm conversions at open" item. Then when you attach the data source to
the mail merge main document, you will be given the option of using the DDE
method of connection which should read the data as you have it formatted in
the table.

tamee wrote:
I have a mailmerge document with excel source data. I have date
fields in excel, but when I merge it reverts to the original serial
number. How do I convert it back to display the desired date format.
Please Help. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
tamee tamee is offline

Thank you so much for that! That's so much easier than toggling the fields
which doesn't work for my dates.

tamee wrote:
I have a mailmerge document with excel source data. I have date
fields in excel, but when I merge it reverts to the original serial
number. How do I convert it back to display the desired date format.
Please Help. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
tamee tamee is offline

Hope you could help me again. How Do you align currency figures so that the
values are right justified or all decimal points aligned together?

tamee wrote:
I have a mailmerge document with excel source data. I have date
fields in excel, but when I merge it reverts to the original serial
number. How do I convert it back to display the desired date format.
Please Help. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See the answer to your other post! There is no need to post the same thing
in several places.

tamee wrote:
Hope you could help me again. How Do you align currency figures so
that the values are right justified or all decimal points aligned
together?

Word, select Options and then go to the General tab and check the

tamee wrote:
I have a mailmerge document with excel source data. I have date
fields in excel, but when I merge it reverts to the original serial
number. How do I convert it back to display the desired date
format. Please Help. Thanks

MailMerge - File Conversion Problem Phil Galey Microsoft Word Help 1 August 18th 06 06:06 AM
Mailmerge date format Ocean Mailmerge 5 April 9th 06 06:28 PM
date mailmerge problem Bob Bedford Mailmerge 5 March 17th 06 09:57 AM
US / English date format mailmerge Bento72 Mailmerge 1 February 7th 06 02:57 PM
convert date format after mailmerge David.W. Mailmerge 1 May 9th 05 12:25 PM