goraya

Default C# --> View Merged data Problem

Hi
I am using C# to prepare a mail merge document(Word2000) , I got the
values of mail merge fields from the db and write these to a text file
in the following format:
Field_A Field_B Field_C ---Field Name Row Tab seperated
Goraya PAK ----Values Row Tab seperated
I set the data source of the word document to this text file and after
mereging I going following results
Goraya
Field_B
PAK
View Mereged Data button does not work sometimes it is enabled and
sometimes it is not :
The error I got in the end of execuation of my C# code is:
" Template Error : Invalid property assignment or Wrong parameter "
What is reason of this?????
Thank in advance for help
Regards
Qumer

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Goraya,

I am using C# to prepare a mail merge document(Word2000) , I got the
values of mail merge fields from the db and write these to a text file
in the following format:
Field_A Field_B Field_C ---Field Name Row Tab seperated
Goraya PAK ----Values Row Tab seperated

Is the entry under Field_B empty, or do you really have only two entries
in this second row?

Are you linking to the data source using code, or opening a file that's
already linked?

Please show us the code involved in the mail merge

I set the data source of the word document to this text file and after
mereging I going following results
Goraya
Field_B
PAK
View Mereged Data button does not work sometimes it is enabled and
sometimes it is not :
The error I got in the end of execuation of my C# code is:
" Template Error : Invalid property assignment or Wrong parameter "
What is reason of this?????

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org