Al Rowe

Default MS Office Word 2003 How do I make Yellow highlighting print?

I have received an e-mail which contains both red printing and yellow
highlighting. In print preview, both show up. However, when the document
prints, the yellow highlighting printed the first time only. As this is a
document intended for me to update, I must now reprint it with the changes
made. However, the yellow highlighting no longer prints. This does not
appear to be controllable as a printer issue, as all settings are set to
allow such printing. Also, it appears so in MS Word, too. Since I am new to
Word, having used Word Perfect and Lotus previously, I can't figgure where
the problem is coming from. However, I changed nothing from the first print
out except some text not highlighted. Can anyone help me?
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You may be able to fix this by adding some lines
to the WIN.INI file, which should be in your Windows directory (typically
C:\Windows)

To try this, proceed with caution! Close all your programs (Word, your
e-mail package at least), and open the WIN.INI file with Notepad and ensure
the following lines are in there, or add them if they are not:

[Mail]
MAPI=1
CMC=1
CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll
CMCDLLNAME32=mapi32.dll
MAPIX=1
MAPIXVER=1.0.0.1
OLEMessaging=1

--
Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for the
benefit of others who may be interested. Unsolicited questions forwarded

Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 03:01 AM
MS Office 2003 Word Document Icons dhprof Microsoft Word Help 1 November 30th 04 06:33 PM
Acrobat writer 5.0 Compatibility with word 2003 Norman Marshall Microsoft Word Help 1 November 25th 04 11:12 AM