Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ali

Default How do I print an A6 sized document 4 times on an A4 page?

Hello,

I have used somebody else's template in MS Word to create a thank you note
that I wish to print a lot of. I would like to print it 4 times on an A4 page
however it always prints only once in the top middle of the page and fills
about a quarter of the space on the page.

When I look at the settings for paper size it says it should be printed on
paper that is 10.16 x 15.24cm. This is A6 paper isn't it?

Is there a way that I can set up this document so that it prints 4 times on
one A4 page?

Thank you very much.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I print an A6 sized document 4 times on an A4 page?

To print your A6 sized document 4 times on an A4 page, follow these steps:
  1. Open your document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Click on the "Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Margins" button and select "Custom Margins" from the drop-down menu.
  4. In the "Page Setup" window that appears, click on the "Paper" tab.
  5. Under "Paper size," select "A4" from the drop-down menu.
  6. Under "Multiple pages," select "4 pages per sheet" from the drop-down menu.
  7. Click "OK" to save your changes.

Now when you go to print your document, it should print 4 copies of your A6 sized document on one A4 page.
__________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ali

Thanks Suzanne. I tried your suggestion but unfortunately it didn't work. It
just printed out 4 pages, each with one small note in the top middle of the
page.

Does anyone else have any ideas as to how I can do this please?

Thanks again.

"Ali" wrote in message
Hello,

I have used somebody else's template in MS Word to create a thank you note
that I wish to print a lot of. I would like to print it 4 times on an A4

page
however it always prints only once in the top middle of the page and fills
about a quarter of the space on the page.

When I look at the settings for paper size it says it should be printed on
paper that is 10.16 x 15.24cm. This is A6 paper isn't it?

Is there a way that I can set up this document so that it prints 4 times

on
one A4 page?

Thank you very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You need to create the document as A4, then use "4 pages per sheet" in the
Print dialog. Alternatively, copy/paste the same text three more times on
the same page (using a 2x2 table or newsletter-style columns).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you have just one of the thank-you note, you have to tell Word to

print
pages 1,1,1,1

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Ali" wrote in message
Hello,

I have used somebody else's template in MS Word to create a thank you

note
that I wish to print a lot of. I would like to print it 4 times on an

A4
page
however it always prints only once in the top middle of the page and

fills
about a quarter of the space on the page.

When I look at the settings for paper size it says it should be

printed on
paper that is 10.16 x 15.24cm. This is A6 paper isn't it?

Is there a way that I can set up this document so that it prints 4

times
on
one A4 page?

Thank you very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Allan Gould

Graham Mayor wrote:
See http://www.gmayor.com/print_multiple_copies.htm

I am very grateful to you for posting this reply and posting the
information on your webpage. This presented a very neat solution to a
thorny problem I was having and couldn't see a resolution to.