Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CSStar CSStar is offline

Default Sudden problem with headers in Word

Recently when I open a Word document, the cursor is in the header section. If
I click on "Show Headers" and close the options window, the cursor will then
drop below the header to the normal starting position. In the page setup,
margins are still set at 1" and header/footer is at .5. It is irritating to
have to click "show headers" and close it out each time I begin a new
document. Is there a way to fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
kellekat kellekat is offline

Can you tell me how to get the cursor position to be in the body of a
document when it opens?

"CSStar" wrote in message
Recently when I open a Word document, the cursor is in the header section.
If
I click on "Show Headers" and close the options window, the cursor will
then
drop below the header to the normal starting position. In the page setup,
margins are still set at 1" and header/footer is at .5. It is irritating
have to click "show headers" and close it out each time I begin a new
document. Is there a way to fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
kellekat kellekat is offline

I did read the article. Maybe my situation is different but in my case, the
cursor doesn't appear to be in the header -- It is in the header. These
particular documents open in a split screen with the header visible in the
lower screen. The users run a macro which is supposed to paste text into the
body of the document but if the cursor is in the header, it pastes to the
wrong spot. I have not been able to figure out why some users have their
cursor positioned in the body when the document is opened and others, opening
the same document, have the cursor positioned in the header pane.