Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Fredo Fredo is offline

Default copying and using destination document formatting

I'm using Word 2007 and I want to copy sections of one document to another
and have the copied sections change to the formatting, etc. of the document
I'm copying to (keep the formatting of the destination document). Some of
what I want to copy over includes bulleted paragraphs, which I want to keep
as bulleted paragraphs but using the destination document's font, font size,
bold, not bold, etc.

I know this involves using copy - paste special but can someone give me more
specifics? thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hello Fredo

Fredo wrote:
I'm using Word 2007 and I want to copy sections of one document to
another and have the copied sections change to the formatting, etc. of
the document I'm copying to (keep the formatting of the destination
document). Some of what I want to copy over includes bulleted
paragraphs, which I want to keep as bulleted paragraphs but using the
destination document's font, font size, bold, not bold, etc.

I know this involves using copy - paste special but can someone give me
more specifics? thanks

it mostly involves using styles IMHO. If you are using styles and not
direct formatting in your document, also and especially styles for your
numbered/bulleted paragraphs, then by copying a paragraph from one
document to another, you can select "destination formatting" when
pasting and are done. A paragraph that was in style "Normal" before will
still be in that style, but it might look quite differently because this
style has other properties in the destination document. Same for a
bulleted paragraph (when you use and define the style "List bullet" in
both document), etc.

HTH
Robert
--