Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TJ TJ is offline

Default Spacing between words in the print layout view (Word 2007)

Could something be done with the following problems? They are mainly
aesthetic but somewhat irritating.

The spacing between words in a text changes remarkably when either the font
size is changed or the page is zoomed in or out. That is, the spacing tends
to get out of scale. With some font sizes and zoom percentages the spaces get
very long, with some other very short.

Also, the spacing seems often arbitrary in a single text. At least one
blogger has addressed this befo

http://www.osirra.com/post/1/1275

http://www.osirra.com/post/1/1277

I have been writing with Times New Roman. These problems appear to me in a
non-justified text, aligned to the left. Thus, they are not justifying
issues. I have not had such problems in other views than the print layout.
The spaces behave neatly for example in the draft view.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Have you cleared the "Always use ClearType" option in Word Options (Popular
category)? If so, you may want to check the "Optimize character positioning
for layout rather than readability" option in the Advanced category.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"TJ" wrote in message
[...]