Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mike Mike is offline

Default Wrong Page Numbers

Hello,

I have a 4 page document. I have Page x of y in my header. I have a
continuous section break before and after a two column section on page two.
The rest of the document is 1 column. Page 3 is saying Page 2 of 3, page 4
is saying Page 3 of 3. If I try to print only page 4 nothing happens. If I
try to print the entire document, all 4 pages print but with the messed up
page info in the header (both pages 2 and 3 say Page 2 of 3). I am using
Word 2003. Does anyone have any ideas?
--
Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Mike wrote:
Hello,

I have a 4 page document. I have Page x of y in my header. I have a
continuous section break before and after a two column section on
page two. The rest of the document is 1 column. Page 3 is saying
Page 2 of 3, page 4 is saying Page 3 of 3. If I try to print only
page 4 nothing happens. If I try to print the entire document, all 4
pages print but with the messed up page info in the header (both
pages 2 and 3 say Page 2 of 3). I am using Word 2003. Does anyone
have any ideas?

One of the last two sections has a page number restart, which you need to
remove.

Put the cursor in the middle section between the breaks. Click Insert Page
Number, and in that dialog click the Format button at lower left. In the
next dialog, if the "Start at" option is selected, choose the "Continue from
previous section" option. Click OK, and then click Close (not OK) in the
Page Number dialog, since you don't want to insert another page number
field.

If the "Continue from" option was already selected there, move the cursor to
the last section (after the second section break) and try again.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman