Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Trudy Trudy is offline

Default Problem with hyphen being replaced

We have a user who has disabled the options of replacing two hyphens with a
long dash in both AutoFormat as You Type and AutoFormat. Yet, when she types
a space hyphen space, it automatically changes to a long dash.

We have confirmed that no AutoCorrect or AutoText entries for this exist.

We are using Word 2003 in an XP environment.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Trudy Trudy is offline

We have that one disabled. We're stumped!

But thanks so much for trying, Idaho Word Man!

"Idaho Word Man" wrote:

Check the "Auto Format as you Type" tab. There's another option hiding there.

I hope this helps.

Fred

"Trudy" wrote:

We have a user who has disabled the options of replacing two hyphens with a
long dash in both AutoFormat as You Type and AutoFormat. Yet, when she types
a space hyphen space, it automatically changes to a long dash.

We have confirmed that no AutoCorrect or AutoText entries for this exist.

We are using Word 2003 in an XP environment.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

FWIW, the dash you get from two hyphens is an em dash; the one you get from
space/hyphen/space is an en dash. But the same AutoFormat As You Type
setting governs both, so I am mystified, especially since you've eliminated
AutoCorrect entries as well.

http://word.mvps.org