Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bleary bleary is offline

Default How do I modify a resume template in word 2007

Using the Chronological resume template, how do I add 2 additional sections
of work history before the Education section?? Copy paste does not work.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 15:50:02 -0800, bleary
wrote:

Using the Chronological resume template, how do I add 2 additional sections
of work history before the Education section?? Copy paste does not work.

The whole resume is set up as a table, so you use the table tools to
add more.

First, it helps to see the table boundaries and cell markers, so you
can tell what you're selecting. Click the Layout tab under Table Tools
on the ribbon, and click the View Gridlines button on the left. Also,
press Ctrl+Shift+8 (equivalent to the ¶ button on the Home ribbon) to
display nonprinting characters including the cell markers (¤).

Move the cursor into the left margin next to one of the work
experience rows, so the arrow points to the upper right. Click to
select that row, and press Ctrl+C to copy to the clipboard.

Now move the cursor to the left of the word "Education", and press
Ctrl+V twice to paste. That puts in two copies of the work experience
row. Replace the text in these new rows with the additional
information.

Press Ctrl+Shift+8 again to turn off nonprinting characters, and click
the View Gridlines button again to turn it off.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bleary bleary is offline

AWESOME! It took me a few minutes to get it right, but that did the trick.
Thanks so much!!

Bill Leary

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kenny Li Kenny Li is offline

This was really helpful! Thank you so much! I just spent a hour trying to
figure it out, should've just looked in the discussions first. Took a few
tries, but I got it. Just to add a bit of info for others with the same
problem. You have to make sure the cursor is the white arrow pointing to the
upper right. The way you do that is to click outside of the gridlines. If you
use Ctrl+Shift+8, you will see that the cell markers are selected as well not
just the text. When you paste, you do the same by clicking outside the
gridlines of the word Education.

Thanks again Jay!

wrote:

[...]

Breafan Breafan is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Li View Post

wrote:

[...]

Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:
http://word.mvps.org
I prefer make my resume using a resume builder, I used this one: https://www.velvetjobs.com/resume-builder, it saves all the faffing around of using Word or Open Office which takes a hell of a lot of effort to format a resume correctly. I;ve created lots of different styles now so if you need any further advice just hit me up. Best of luck!

Last edited by Breafan : April 8th 20 at 12:00 AM

Samadado Samadado is offline
Junior Member

this is very useful, thank you!