Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
EMS_ANU EMS_ANU is offline

Default How can I split a table cell diagonally?

It used to be possible to divide a WORD table cell diagonally. Is this still
possible under WORD 2003? If so, how is it done? If not, why not?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How can I split a table cell diagonally?

Yes, it is still possible to split a table cell diagonally in Word 2003. Here's how:
  1. Select the cell that you want to split diagonally.
  2. Click on the "Table" menu and select "Draw Table".
  3. Click on the "Split Cells" button in the toolbar.
  4. In the "Split Cells" dialog box, select the "Diagonal" option under "Split cells into".
  5. Choose whether you want the diagonal line to go from the top left to the bottom right or from the top right to the bottom left.
  6. Click "OK" to split the cell diagonally.

That's it! You should now see your cell split diagonally with a line running from one corner to the other. You can adjust the thickness and color of the line by selecting the cell and clicking on the "Borders and Shading" button in the toolbar.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luc Luc is offline

Ems,
Don't think it was ever possible to divide a cell diagonally. You can put in
a diagonal border though. On the table toolbar, click on the listarrow next
to the border button, you will see two buttons to have diagonal borders.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
It used to be possible to divide a WORD table cell diagonally. Is this
still
possible under WORD 2003? If so, how is it done? If not, why not?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] vsteiger@issi.unibe.ch is offline

in the Menu bar, click on Table, then on Draw Table. The cursor changes
to a pencil symbol. With that click (near) one corner of the cell you
want to split diagonally, drag to (near) the other corner, release, and
--- bingo!

EMS_ANU wrote:
It used to be possible to divide a WORD table cell diagonally. Is this still
possible under WORD 2003? If so, how is it done? If not, why not?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Split that cell into two cells in the same column. Use a single border
around the outside of both but not in the center. Create a diagonal line
across the two of them. Use left justified for the top cell, right justified
on the bottom. Change the font size if needed.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]