Ryszard Mikke Ryszard Mikke is offline
Junior Member

Question Data source has changed - can't save the new path.

Hello,

I've got a mailmerge document getting data from Excel (with Microsoft Office 12.0 Access Database Engine OLE DB Provider (Ufff, the longest name on the list )) in Office 2010.

Now, I had to move the Excel file with data and I'm trying to update data link accordingly. Every time I Open the word file I get the error message that data file could not be found, then I'm presented a dialog that allows to change. I provide the correct path, confirm and the mailmerge works. But the new path is not saved. Next time again I get the error message and have to correct the path.

How do I change the path to data source permanently?
Ryszard Mikke Ryszard Mikke is offline
Junior Member

Cool

OK, the problem is solved, and it is rather a problem with MS Office help system.

All one has to do is... create data source again. Provided that column names haven't changed, tha mailmerge will work just fine. All I had to do is define sort order again, but this is specific to the document I use. Usually there will be no need even for that.

So, main problem is, the topic is not covered anywhere, or at least anywhere I can google or bing...
BenBrown BenBrown is offline
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to BenBrown Send a message via Skype™ to BenBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryszard Mikke View Post