Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
don don is offline

Default How to retrieve earlier saved copies of a document

I starting typing over most of an old document. When I went to save the new
document, I hit "Save" rather that "Save as." Now I've lost my old document.
Is there any way to get it back?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In a document that you haven't closed, you can use Undo repeatedly until you
get back the original version. If you have saved and closed the document,
however, then there is nothing you can do.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP