Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jamon jamon is offline

Default select non-adjacent items

Pressing and holding the Control key while I select non-adjacent items does
not accumulate items for me in MSWord 2000. Instead, when second
non-adjacent item is selected, first item is de-selected. This particular
select command does not appear in Tools/Customize/Commands/All Commands.
Where can I re-set this command or how can I create the command again? Thank
you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
newson newson is offline

As a test try to use Ctrl+B with the usual key that you use. If the text
appears bold the keyboard is responding, If it doesn't then something is
wrong with your keyboard.

Use the other Ctrl key and select and see if that works.

"jamon" wrote:

Pressing and holding the Control key while I select non-adjacent items does
not accumulate items for me in MSWord 2000. Instead, when second
non-adjacent item is selected, first item is de-selected. This particular
select command does not appear in Tools/Customize/Commands/All Commands.
Where can I re-set this command or how can I create the command again? Thank
you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jamon jamon is offline

"jamon" wrote in message
Pressing and holding the Control key while I select non-adjacent items
does
not accumulate items for me in MSWord 2000. Instead, when second
non-adjacent item is selected, first item is de-selected. This particular
select command does not appear in Tools/Customize/Commands/All Commands.
Where can I re-set this command or how can I create the command again?
Thank
you.

Thanks for your responses. I think I could be clearer in my description of the "missing" key command: what I'm actually doing is Control(hold) + hi-lite non-adjacent text items. This allows me to underline, change font, etc several items of text all at the same stroke. This command worked for me in the past. Same version of Word (it's the only version I've ever had). As a matter of interest, this command or sequence, if you like, works in several other text editors like AbiWord, Atlantis. That's what's so odd about no longer having this feature in my MSWord any longer. Perhaps what I should be asking is: can this command be (re-)integrated into Word? I have zero experience with macros but is this the sort of idea they're suited to?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jamon jamon is offline

"jamon" wrote in message
[...]

Hi Susan. Nope! No add-inns. Do you know how to integrate a particular command such as that? I know that hotkeys can be assigned in Word, the problem is defining the command if it's not a default command. I was hoping a Word Wizard would have an idea to try this. That's why I asked about macros. Is that not a way to define a task for Word? Can anyone answer any of the above?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.vba.general

If a macro is required, you'll have better luck posting to a programming
group than this end-user one; I'm cross-posting this to
microsoft.public.word.vba.general.

http://word.mvps.org

+
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

It works for me. If you want to copy and paste the items however, you must
press c with the Control Key held down after selecting each item.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"jamon" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

You will not be able to do this in a macro - even in Word 2007 - as there is
no macro support for multiple selections in VBA in Word. I believe Suzanne's
original response is the correct one: that this feature does not exist in
Word 2000, and I question the assertion that you have done this in Word 2000
in the past.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"jamon" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
jamon jamon is offline

"jamon" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks to all of you for your help.

Multiple items to select from within a form.... CR Microsoft Word Help 1 December 17th 08 07:26 AM
How do I select multiple items in a drop down list/ Word 07 templa LeJ Microsoft Word Help 1 August 27th 08 06:03 AM
adjacent cell selected Robin Tables 1 July 5th 06 03:44 PM
Find and Replace Adjacent Capitals ed9213 Microsoft Word Help 5 June 1st 05 04:35 PM
how can I highlight two adjacent spaces? Ruth Diez Microsoft Word Help 2 January 26th 05 03:44 PM