Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
12monkeys 12monkeys is offline

Default Help

Hi - I was wondering if someone could assist. Everytime I press enter, I
black symbol appears at the end of the line, the symbol looks like an upside
down musical note.

I would appreciate it if someone could get back to me asap. Thanks.

Geeta
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/NonPrintChars.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"12monkeys" wrote in message
Hi - I was wondering if someone could assist. Everytime I press

enter, I
black symbol appears at the end of the line, the symbol looks like

an upside
down musical note.

I would appreciate it if someone could get back to me asap. Thanks.

Geeta

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Non-printing characters have been set to show. You will also see a raised dot
for a space and a small arrow when you hit the tab key.They are useful and
they don't print. If you want to switch them off you hit a button on the
standard toolbar that looks like the character you are describing. If your
toolbars are on one row you will need to click on the small arrow to see the
rest of the buttons. This is a toggle button. Click to switch off and click
again to switch on. Hope this helps.
--
Rae Drysdale