Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
116 116 is offline

Default Paragraph Numbering...

Numbering works fine until I get to double digits. Once I get to this point
the spacing after the number increases by what looks to be three times than
the single digits. I have looked in Numbering, etc. I guess I am missing
something. Any assistance would be greatly appreciaited.

Thanks
David
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

What you are missing is that your paragraph is using default tab settings
and with two digits the tab following the number adopts the second tab
position. Adjust the tabs so that there is more space for the number.

116 wrote:
Numbering works fine until I get to double digits. Once I get to
this point the spacing after the number increases by what looks to be
three times than the single digits. I have looked in Numbering, etc.
I guess I am missing something. Any assistance would be greatly
appreciaited.

Thanks
David

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Show non-printing characters (Shift+8 on a standard U.S. keyboard). It may
be the tab space between your numbers and text is not large enough to
accommodate multiple digit numbers. Options include increasing the space or
right aligning the numbers:
I'll try to give an example but it may not appear correctly on your end.

1. One
1000 One thousand

1. One
1000. One thousand.

"116" wrote in message
Numbering works fine until I get to double digits. Once I get to this
point
the spacing after the number increases by what looks to be three times
than
the single digits. I have looked in Numbering, etc. I guess I am missing
something. Any assistance would be greatly appreciaited.

Thanks
David

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/N...gnment2007.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"116" wrote in message
Numbering works fine until I get to double digits. Once I get to this
point
the spacing after the number increases by what looks to be three times
than
the single digits. I have looked in Numbering, etc. I guess I am missing
something. Any assistance would be greatly appreciaited.

Thanks
David

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Or http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/NumberAlignment.htm if you have Word
2003 or earlier.

http://word.mvps.org

"116" wrote in message
Numbering works fine until I get to double digits. Once I get to this
point
the spacing after the number increases by what looks to be three times
than
the single digits. I have looked in Numbering, etc. I guess I am
missing
something. Any assistance would be greatly appreciaited.

Thanks
David

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Indeed.