vgacc

Default Setting up Bookmark help

A couple of years ago I setup a word merge document that had a bookmark file
associated with it so that when the data was merged with the main word doc
and a field from this data contained the bookmark name that paragraph would
print and only that paragraph. Can this still be done? I'm trying to create a
letter but I don't want all the paragphs to print only the ones that pertain
to that particular person. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

vanessa
Doug Robbins

What you did a couple of years ago can still be done to-day. I am not sure
however that it was a bookmark, or at least, just a bookmark that you were
using. More likely and If...then...else field. Or, maybe it's that I don't
know exactly what you mean by a "bookmark file".

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"vgacc" wrote in message
A couple of years ago I setup a word merge document that had a bookmark
file
associated with it so that when the data was merged with the main word doc
and a field from this data contained the bookmark name that paragraph
would
print and only that paragraph. Can this still be done? I'm trying to
create a
letter but I don't want all the paragphs to print only the ones that
pertain
to that particular person. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

vanessa

vgacc

What I mean by bookmark file was that it was a regular word document where I
setup all the bookmarks. I saved the file as filename.bookmark, this file
along with a header file was associated with the Main document. So when I ran
the merge only the pargraphs from the bookmark file that matched the date
wold print. I really don't think it was an If then statement. I remember it
being quite easy, no code to write. I have a feelign that it can't be doen
the same way and that I do have to do an IF then statement. I just wanted to
be able to format the text whenever I needed to.