Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pjs pjs is offline

Default Change paragraph style to character style?

Is it possible to change a defined paragraph style to a character style? Or
should I just delete the paragraph style and replace it with a character
style?

I'm asking because we're switching over to InDesign and need to define
styles a bit more carefully.

Thanks,

pjs
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Once a style has been created, the type cannot be changed. Assuming it's a
user-created style (not built-in), you would need to delete it and then
re-create it as a character style.

However... between the two steps, text formatted as that style loses its
distinctness. So, instead of deleting and then recreating, a better strategy
might be to create the new character style, giving it a different name from
that of the paragraph style. Then, use Find & Replace to reformat text
formatted with the unwanted paragraph style using the new character style.
Next, delete the paragraph style. Finally, if the name matters, use the
Organizer to rename the character style to that of the paragraph style you
just deleted.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"pjs" wrote in message
Is it possible to change a defined paragraph style to a character style?
Or
should I just delete the paragraph style and replace it with a character
style?

I'm asking because we're switching over to InDesign and need to define
styles a bit more carefully.

Thanks,

pjs

yiyiyi123 yiyiyi123 is offline
Junior Member

I should delete the paragraphdropship clubwear style and replace it with a character