Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John John is offline

Default Calculating age in a Word template/Form from the DOB field

I have a word template/form in which I'd like for a field to be able to
calcualte and post a person's age based on another field that contains the
person's DOB.
Can anyone help me wit this?
Thanks,
--
John
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John John is offline

Since posting this I've found a number of possible solutions to my problem
but none seem to work for me. I simply want to insert in one form field
(named "DOB") an individuals DOB in the mm dd yy format and have the persons
age in accurately rounded whole years automatically post in the form field
I've called "Age". This will most likely be tied somehow to the date the
file is actually being worked on and will need to automatically up date "Age"
whenever the file is opened
Thanks

"John" wrote:

I have a word template/form in which I'd like for a field to be able to
calcualte and post a person's age based on another field that contains the
person's DOB.
Can anyone help me wit this?
Thanks,
--
John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi John,

To see how to do this and just about everything else you might want to do with dates in Word, check out my Word Date Calculation
Tutorial, at:
http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/ind...owtopic=249902
or
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party
In particular, look at second field under the item titled 'Interactively Calculate A Persons Age'. That field calculates the age to
the nearest year, month and day. For what you've described, you can change the output expression to:
"The person's age is {={Years}+{={Months}5}} years}."
Do read the document's introductory material.

--
Cheers
macropod

"John" wrote in message ...
I have a word template/form in which I'd like for a field to be able to
calcualte and post a person's age based on another field that contains the
person's DOB.
Can anyone help me wit this?
Thanks,
--
John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] sasedmonton@gmail.com is offline

"John" wrote in message ...
I have a word template/form in which I'd like for a field to be able to
calcualte and post a person's age based on another field that contains the
person's DOB.
Can anyone help me wit this?
Thanks,
--
John

Hi John,

Has no one ever thought to post a youtube video on how to do this. I mean no offense, but what about someone like me who has no idea where it's being suggested to put these "formulas" that are mentioned in the document you're referring to. I mean I've read it, but in every forum I've read, along with the document: http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/ind...owtopic=249902
or http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party they all assume the reader, like myself, knows what the heck is being referred to or where the "code text" goes.

Can anyone, or perhaps yourself, point to or create a user friendly document or video for those of us who are Completely New at this field entry stuff.. Keep in mind, I have no idea how to make a macro work.

I have searched like crazy trying to find anything anywhere that shows the newbie how to do this sort of thing.

Thanks,

SAS
johnlennon johnlennon is offline
Junior Member

Instagram is a social media app that allows users to share photos and videos from their lives, add captions, edit filters, tweak settings and engage with others. Click Instagram video downloader free.